1.15.2011

The White Issue


 Have any of you seen the latest issue of Country Living? To-die-for. It's the white issue. And it is gorgeous! I have loved this issue so much that I wanted to share it with y'all and I'm not even done reading through it all yet-but I have skimmed all the pages ;)

White is: Charming.

White is: Grand

White is: Cozy 


All these rooms are refreshing and inspiring to me. White exudes elegance yet none of these rooms say stuffy, uptight or cold. There is a worn-in, well-loved, lived-in look to them all. And I love that. So many times people almost shriek if you want decorate a room in white, "oh, that's so cold and sterile, like a hospital!" Um, I don't think any of those rooms look like my local emergency room.


I hope people come to understand and love the warmth this bold color provides to a home. All throughout this issue the writers have provided examples of how to decorate with white, tips from fabulous designers such as Rachel Ashwell, Susan Kassler, and Daryl Carter aka, my three design loves of my life! If I could somehow wrap those three together into one person then that person would design my perfect home. They are geniuses at what they do people!


Enough of my babble, you don't need to listen to it, but instead run out and pick up this issue of Country Living. If you are a lover of white and beauty then this issue is worth every penny to you. And no, I was not paid by Country Living to write this blog, I simply just adore the issue that much! Aside from all the white rooms are also some fabulous potato recipes for all these cold winter nights we're having. They're bound to warm you and your family up. I think I'll be making the Lemon and Parsley Sausage and Potatoes in a skillet on page 121 sometime this week!

If you check out this magazine let me know what you think in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey y'all! Thanks for the love, I adore your comments!

.heather.