3.21.2011

baby steps-home office

This was my home office/our guest room at approximately 2:30 yesterday afternoon:






Scary. I know.

What's even worse is that this is an improvement from where it was. I've slowly been pecking away at the clutter, trash and random items that end up in this room. This is that room that you throw anything into that you don't have time to put up, or you don't know where to put it, then shut the door and never look back. Y'all know what I'm talking about?

It's about time it got organized once and for all and so I attacked it with a vengeance yesterday! One problem was a need for paper organizers since my sweet parson's desk only has one little drawer. I found one storage box I liked but I'm still on the hunt for a paper organizer. However, I also knew I wanted a bulletin board with a decent frame around it to hang near the desk too. After a shopping trip to Target and Marshall's last weekend I felt ready to start on the office.

Here is what I ended up with:


The box...I know. It's on it's way to Goodwill ;)





Love the black laquered box from Marshalls. I told y'all I was falling for geometric designs.


Hello inspiration wall!



Ugly, yes, but the dart board stays. It is good stress relief, helps with creativity ruts and is fun for the Mister and I to play on!


For all the magazines I just can't part with separated into categories: design, cooking, Christmas, inspiration. I still have two huge boxes to unpack and separate into these.


Aren't these little love birds darling?


One last look.


This, along with the rest of my house is coming along in baby steps. I'm dying to paint, add shelves, and window treatments but we're in a rental that we are looking at leaving in the next 6 months. I love our townhouse, no complaints, other than it's a rental and we are looking to buy. 

The moral of the story is: don't think you have to do a complete room makeover and end up with something in Elle Decor for it to be worth your time! Just the little bit I did in here has been making me smile from ear to ear since I completed it yesterday afternoon. There are more baby steps to be made until I am gaga over it, and this room is the furthest thing from magazine {or even blog-land} beautiful. But for now, I am quite satisfied because it is neat and functional.

What room are you making baby steps on?
 

1 comment:

  1. You're so right, Heather- everything you do to make your home more livable is worth the effort! Nice work on the room, and I love those love birds ;).

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all! Thanks for the love, I adore your comments!

.heather.